Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting ready, summer clothes, mommy time...

This last week and a half has gone by real fast. I've started to get together the information we'll all need when Paul decides to make his debut, and Jerry put in his request off forms so that he can almost certainly be around when that happens as well. So now we're in the 33rd week, only seven more weeks to go, IF he doesn't decide to show early, but all signs point to no. We've been doing really great, no warning signs that anything is going wrong. He's still very active and it's starting to get painful! Just when he really jabs that is. Our last visit to the doc was this last Friday. All reports back were great!
Jerry and I have already been trying to make plans for this summer. Our local swimming pool (additional pictures) offers family season passes for a great price, so we'll eventually be buying those. The park it's located in also has a disc golf course and we plan to enjoy that perk as well.
A friend of mine was gracious enough to give me all her baby boy clothes along with some other essentials such as a breast pump, bottles, nursing pads, carseat, changing table, highchair and baby bjorn. Most of the clothes were grown out of so fast by him that some are still like new, and some weren't even used! God is so good. We now have at least 4 stuffed garbage bags full of clothes. Sizes ranging from 0-3,3-6,6-9 and 9-12 months! The other really awesome thing is that her boys were born in April and March, so the season and the size he should be wearing should coincide with what I've got!
It's getting harder to lean over these days, or get up and out of bed! It's also been a pain standing for long, which is one good reason I quit my job at Arby's. We are also going to be saving on gas since it was a 30 mile drive there and a 30 mile drive back and my hours kept getting cut. So I was more or less paying to go to work. Sleeping at night has been a hard thing to do as well. He tends to wake up or I just can't get comfortable enough to fall asleep even though I am really tired.
Well I think that is about it for now... Other than since I've home so much, I've been able to catch up on my reading and watch my girlie movies that Jerry won't watch with me. :)

1 comment:

  1. How exciting Rachael! I am thinking of you as you only have a short time left before he comes!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete